These are the steps to download videos from YouTube (the files are downloaded as flash movies):
1. open your video in youtube and copy its URL
2. visit http://www.downthisvideo.com
3. paste the URL of the video and click: “Download”
4. On the bottom of the page that will appear there will be an icon with “FLV”.
5. Right Click and choose: “Save Link As”.
6. Now the important part: You must choose a name that is: something.flv otherwise it will not download properly. So you have to enter this name with the extension by yourself.
From the same website you can download the FLV player to play the files or you can also download the converter to download it to any other video format.
Now you can watch your favourite youtube videos and share it with friends easier and without having to wait until they load!
Originally Posted By Laila to Thoughts & Tips at 10/10/2007 10:01:00 AM