This is the first cooking recipe that I am posting on the blog.
I have chosen this one because I have tried it several times and it really looks and tastes similar to Pizza Hut !
If you don’t believe it, come and eat it 🙂 .
Take a look at the pictures of my “Pizza Hut“:
My Brother couldn’t wait to eat it 🙂
Now let’s come to the recipe:
Ingredients: (to make two pizzas like the above)
1 1/3 cup warm water
2 teaspoons (ma3ale2 shay) sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons (ma3ale2 3adeya) olive oil (zeet zatoon)
2 teaspoon dry active yeast (khamira gafa nasheta)
4 cups Flour (de2ee2)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt (thom bodra)
1/4 teaspoon Onion Salt (basal bodra) – I use “basal mabshoor” 3adi 🙂
The Dough (El 3ageena):
1. Mix group 1 together then allow it to sit for 5 or 6 minutes or until the yeast begins to bubble and foam.
2. Mix group 2 together in a big plate.
5. Slowly stir (2alleb) group 1, picking up some of group 2 from the inside walls of the well. Continue drawing in flour until a paste forms.
6. Add group 3 and continue with the kneading process (3agn). If the dough (el 3ageena gets loose you may need additional flour and/or oil) until the dough is smooth and elastic (we mesh betelza2 fe eedek), which usually occurs in about 10 minutes.
You will need to practise some boxing on the dough in between :).
7. At the end give the dough the last box and then cover it with a wet cloth (2omasha) and leave it in a warm place to rest for 45 minutes (or put it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator to use it the next day).
8. Roll the dough out thinnly using a and oil the bottom and sides of the pan (elsaneya).
9. Place the dough into the pan and push it into the bottom and sides.
The Topping (El Khalta):
I myself just add some ketchup on the dough, then do the regular “3assag (beef mixture)” (2 onions and meat -la7ma mafrooma- then salt and pepper – if you don’t know how to do it, you can visit wasfasahla.com) and add it, then add whatever I like: sausage, or chicken or mashroom on the top.
But you can find lots of other recipes on the internet for the topping (you can take a look on the links at the end of the article.)
11.The Stuffed Crust :
crimp the two edges of the dough together with your fingers to form a thick border. You can also fill it with mozzarella or sausages as you like.
12. Put it in the oven at moderate heat until it is red from underneath.
13. Add Mozzarella on the top and put it for some more seconds in the oven.
14. Enjoy the delicious taste!! 🙂
Bel Hana Wel Shefa
Links for Pizza Recipes:
www.recipetips.com/…/Flour-Cooking-Guide.asp (go to the bottom of the page to see how to knead for baking )
Originally Posted By Laila to Thoughts & Tips at 9/11/2007 01:21:00 AM